ATTENTION!! IF YOU ARE VIEWING THIS IN THE FRAME ON OUR OLD SITE THEN CLICK HERE OR CLICK THE BANNER BELOW!


In this new decade the old PowerPC Macs have become a little obsolete... Don't throw yours in the bin.
Join in and help support this rapidly expanding new extreme sport by turning your ancient Mac case into a mean-wheeled speed machine! You may be surprised at just how fast your old G3/G4 Powermac can still go and the range of different event classes afford a project to suit every budget, big or small! With the Pro-Stock, Pro-Mod, MOTO G4 and SUPER MOTO G4 series to choose from, it's no wonder that this is the most exciting computer-chassis-based motorsport and downhill skating league in the WORLD!!

Wednesday 9 February 2011

iBroke my rib on the Sk8Mac!!

Yes, unsurprisingly some would say, the Skate Mac has claimed its first broken bone! On its first real outing too!

I set off down the hill in my preferred lean-forward, legs-back position (like a superbike) to give myself the lowest possible profile and sluice through the air at top speed. Unfortunately my front wheels hit something (a small twig or a Rizla I think it was lol) and all that weight on the front sent me face first into the concrete so fast I didn't even have time to tense up for impact.

I thought I'd gotten away without injury, but it was so easily done that we decided to drop the lean-forward stance completely - so DO NOT try this one at home! That's what MOTOG4 are here for - to refine this sport and take it on the chin so you don't have to!

It was only after two painful days lifting at work that I decided to get checked medically. Turns out I've fractured a rib! I've been signed off work for 6 days and told to take painkillers, but apart from that I'm to just rest up until it heals enough to get the Mirror-Door rollin' again!

Here's the vid of me epic wipeout. Shame that the cameraman loses attention right at the crucial moment, it should be zoomed in, nevermind.

No comments:

Post a Comment